Procedure for New Membership Application
1. The Proposer invites the prospective member to a general meeting.
2. The Proposer provides a Letter of Introduction to Admissions.
3. Admissions presents the Letter of Introduction to the Board.
4. The Board decides on a course of action.
5. If the Board decides to proceed with the application process, Admissions will ask the Proposer to obtain a Seconding Letter and provide the Candidate with the Membership Application Form. The Application Form is available on our web site or from the Admissions Committee. The Candidate completes this form.
6. The Board will take action when the Letter of Introduction, the Seconding Letter, and the Membership Application Form are in hand.
Letter of Introduction Guidelines
Please inform the Candidate of the details of the Admissions process and the commitment required for Club Membership. Attendance at meetings, serving on committees, and active participation in the activities of the Club are required for Provisional and Active members. The Letter of Introduction should address:
1. How long have you known the Candidate and under what circumstances?
2. Why are you proposing the Candidate for membership?
3. What will this Candidate bring to the Club? Please note experience and special interests.
4. What Club activities will appeal to the Candidate?
5. Please indicate that the Candidate is aware of the expectation that they attend meetings and workshops, hostess when asked, serve on committees, participate in Club events, and potentially serve on the Executive Board.